Sunday 24 August 2008

is there a way back?
this begs the question
was there such a place?
i would say, highly unlikely.

memory can aid
it can also destroy
but one always remembers
as one wants

for example, a man
tortures himself near death with
morbid imaginings, black thoughts

self-torture is his own agency and
he achieves this by postulating
false(r) memories, un-confirmed projections

the bad is sometimes our good
we remember as we wish

i cannot tell the truth
i can tell only what i know
although this too is contentious

i gave up
thinking a while
ago

what was quite
natural to me it seems
far outstripped that which
others laud in themselves

but to focus on this would
separate me
even more

everything exists in
grades, variants, is given
meaning, worth in terms of
something else

everything is generated by it's
opposite

should i learn poetic
form? only if it aids my
thoughts

my throat is
sore. i should consult a
doctor and perhaps
brush my teeth regularly

my life often feels
empty and this leads me to
drink. i should certainly
engage with my surroundings

someone's
boring me
i think it's
me

No comments: